Friday, April 21, 2006

Stern, David Lee Roth, Opie & Anthony??

Is David Lee Roth as a morning show host done? Well if today's AP story has a say, unfortunately he is and it will be announced next week.

It looks like shock jocks, Opie & Anthony will be back on Boston radio, like the good old days. Let's hope they learned their lessons from their April fool's day joke and after airing a couple doing the nasty in St. Patrick's Cathedral. Two years ago they resurfaced on XM satellite radio.

Now it looks like CBS and XM are in talks to air 3 hours from their show in a key markets.

What I want to know is, how to XM listeners feel about this? I'm a Sirius subscriber and only subscribed to it for Howard Stern, if all of a sudden they moved Stern back to the radio, I would cancel my subscription. Will XM listeners do the same?

The person I feel bad for really is David Lee Roth he truly deserves the chance to make it work. If after a certain period it's not working so be it, but CBS radio needs to do the right thing.

3 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger The Optimist said...

I feel bad for David. And Opie and Anthony are Stern without brains. Total lowest common denominator stuff with no intelligence at all. Stern was right about these guys.

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger staticbeth said...

The version of O&A they are playing on WBCN is so watered down, its sad. If I were an XM subscriber, I wouldn't cancel my subscription because the "good" part of the show happens on there, not regular radio.

I was talking to my friend who DJ'S on WBCN, he was telling me that DLR was VERY difficult to work with and no one liked him because of that. He is not missed by his co-workers.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Adam Zand said...

I was actually starting to enjoy very short blasts of DLR's train wreck show - especially when they cleaned out the studio production and Dave mellowed out.

I finally learned the real story behind the brown M&M request in their tour rider too: http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-22-5198639-2.html&e=10401.

Still, I miss Howard, Robin and Artie like family members!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home