Friday, April 21, 2006

Stern, David Lee Roth, Opie & Anthony??

Is David Lee Roth as a morning show host done? Well if today's AP story has a say, unfortunately he is and it will be announced next week.

It looks like shock jocks, Opie & Anthony will be back on Boston radio, like the good old days. Let's hope they learned their lessons from their April fool's day joke and after airing a couple doing the nasty in St. Patrick's Cathedral. Two years ago they resurfaced on XM satellite radio.

Now it looks like CBS and XM are in talks to air 3 hours from their show in a key markets.

What I want to know is, how to XM listeners feel about this? I'm a Sirius subscriber and only subscribed to it for Howard Stern, if all of a sudden they moved Stern back to the radio, I would cancel my subscription. Will XM listeners do the same?

The person I feel bad for really is David Lee Roth he truly deserves the chance to make it work. If after a certain period it's not working so be it, but CBS radio needs to do the right thing.

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger The Optimist said...

I feel bad for David. And Opie and Anthony are Stern without brains. Total lowest common denominator stuff with no intelligence at all. Stern was right about these guys.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Adam Zand said...

I was actually starting to enjoy very short blasts of DLR's train wreck show - especially when they cleaned out the studio production and Dave mellowed out.

I finally learned the real story behind the brown M&M request in their tour rider too: http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-22-5198639-2.html&e=10401.

Still, I miss Howard, Robin and Artie like family members!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home