Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Can White Men Dance?

Today, everyone wanted to know why my worst concert list isn't up yet and why I'm not blogging on discussions in the office. Well because I have something better to blog about today the concert list will be coming soon, I promise.

Here goes...Can white men dance?

That question heralded a huge discussion in the office....Here are some of our favorite dancers:
  • Fred Astaire, Baryshnikov, Mark Morris and my son
  • Napoleon Dynamite
  • George Raft and Jimmy Cagney
  • Beck (bonus point because he tours with a male dancer) and because I’m still dancing to the oldies: Anthony Michael Hall in Sixteen Candles, as well as John Belushi in Animal House
Who is your favorite dancer?

There's my blog on that. So there.

6 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Queen of Spin (Susan K) said...

I'm adding Tom Cruise in Risky Business. Not one of my favorite movies but his moves in his undies are pretty funny.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger The Optimist said...

Iggy Pop was the first great rock snake dancer, but I will admit Axl does move well on stage.

And we are all forgetting Kevin Bacon. He taught a whole generation how to be footloose and kick off our sunday shoes.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Queen of Spin (Susan K) said...

"No body puts baby in the corner!"

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger The Optimist said...

Patrick Swayze does not dance. He led the Wolverines in Red Dawn and kicked butt in Roadhouse.

I shall not think of him in any other way other than in protecting the weak and innocent through much butt kicking. And butt kickers don't dance.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Doug Haslam said...

Mark Madsen, former LA Lakers backup center. Simply legendary.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger The Optimist said...

Doug, you sometimes worry me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home