Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Nothing is Sacred, the World is Ending, yada yada....


It's bad enough that we have to see Steve Martin try to take on the Pink Panther legacy, but news of a remake of "Every Which Way But Loose" starring The Rock is more than I can bear. Why not Tom Cruise in "Citizen Kane?" Jennifer Love Hewitt in "Breakfast at Tiffany's?" Vince Vaughn in "Psycho" (oops)?

If there is a God, He will arrange for Clint Eastwood to take The Rock out back of the 'shed for a little chat...

2 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger The Optimist said...

While I usually want to disagree with your standard "everything made prior to 1975 is great and everything after is crap" diatribes, this one I agree with. Just a silly idea.

And I dare you to see the Pink Panther. You may actually like it.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Doug Haslam said...

"Every Which Way But Loose" was made in 1978 (ahem). But I am glad you agree.

As for the Pink Panther, please re-read my previous post on Steve Martin. Though the film does co-star one of the great modern comic geniuses, Jean Reno (he was a laugh riot as "The Cleaner" in "La Femme Nikita").

 

Post a Comment

<< Home