Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Books from my childhood

I recently bought two books on Amazon.com that I loved dearly when I was a kid.

1. "Superweasel"
The adventures of a grade-school-aged eco warrior. When I got the book in the mail last week (.65 for the book, $4 for shipping) the drawings inside brought me right back to sixth grade, for better or worse.

2. "Are You There, God, It's Me, Margaret"
Why on earth I chose to read this Judy Blume girl-comes-of-age story when I was ten is beyond me, but I loved it. And I learned a lot.

Now I'm reading two books. One is "The End of Time," by Julian Barbor. Theoretical physics--time is an illusion, folks. The other is”Here, There and Everywhere, My Life Recording the Music of the Beatles," by Geoff Emerick. The Beatles engineer from "Revolver" on spills the beans. It's part audio-geek tome--compression levels and such--and part gossip rag. John Lennon was mean! Paul McCartney was obsessed with details! Ringo was a moron!

I'm looking forward to rereading the two books from my youth, though.

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger Queen of Spin (Susan K) said...

My favorite kid book: Dr. Seuss, All the Places You Will Go.

My favorite adult book: The Dirt by Motley Crue. Don't ask.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home