Friday, May 19, 2006

Best romantic moments on the big screen


And no, I am not talking about sex scenes. I am talking about what are the best scenes leading up to them. It has to be subtle. It has to be a moment that a woman can see and say "O, that is how I want a romantic encounter to happen" and a man can say "whoa nellie, that was hot."

So I did an informal survey, and here are the scenes that came out in the top 5.
1) Rosanne Arquette and Tom Cruise first meeting in Risky Business. You remember the scene by the window where the breeze blows in. Whoa.

2) Some Like It Hot. Tony Curtis and Marilyn Monroe. Boat scene.

3) Diane Lane and whatshisname in Unfaithful. You know the scene I am talking about. Great scene.

4) Okay, this one is for Sarah. Apparently the Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray scene in Dirty Dancing was hot. Something about a cabin. I don't know. All I know is that both Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray were in Red Dawn and they both kick lots of butt. They rule! Wolverines!

5) And the top best in the mood scenes: Mrs. Robinson, are you seducing me? The Graduate.

These results were chosen by me through no scientific or official polling. If you disagree with any of these, you are wrong.

5 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger thoughtbrigade said...

I've always liked the scenes in The Breakfast Club with Judd whatever and Molly Ringwald.

I like when she places the earring in his palm and closes his hand, and also when he's kissing her by her dad's car and he gets a little carried away.

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Optimist Correction.

It was REBECCA DE MOURNAY in Risky Business, not Rosanna Arquette.

She was also pretty sweet in the 3 Musketeers (the version with Keifer Sutherland and Charlie Sheen).

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Queen of Spin (Susan K) said...

HOW can you forget JERRY MAGUIRE!!!

"You had me at hello!"

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Queen of Spin (Susan K) said...

And, and, and...Say Anything when John Cusak is holding the boom box playing in your eyes...Sheesh...You are forgetting all the good ones here!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Adam Zand said...

Too words for you Opto:

"Mulholland Drive"

The build up to that scene entails the first hour or so of the movie - serious longing-looks-foreplay.

If I can't include your so called sex scenes I guess I'd go with ... anything in Cruel Intentions

 

Post a Comment

<< Home