Thursday, November 17, 2005

Where have all the rocking women gone


As I was going through my old cassettes and LPs while cleaning out my parents place, I noticed several Go Gos albums, the first Bangles CD and Joan Jett. Which got me to thinking about the Runaways, Patti Smythe and Scandal, Berlin and the Pretenders. And I said to myself, "Self, where have all the rocking women gone?"

I debated internally with myself for quite some time. Are there any female bands or singers that are at all interesting. My curmudgeonee, all the good bands and singers ended on January 1, 1990 Self wanted to say that none are left. The Ashlee Simpsons of the world have taken over.

But then I thought harder. Even though I find most of her stuff sort of bland, Kelly Clarkson has one hell of a voice and Since You Been Gone is a damn good song. And bands like Slunt (interesting name there) could probably kick my butt in a fair fight. Garbage is still putting out interesting stuff. And Liz Phair pretty much rocks out loud.

So I think we are seeing an emergence of female rockers again. Lita Ford, it is now a good time for you to come out of retirements.

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Blogger Doug Haslam said...

The Donnas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home