Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I must have watched too much election TV - Congressman John Hall?!



Congressman John "Still the One" Hall (D-NY)? AKA the guy in the middle pleading with his bandmates to take this cover concept in a new direction


A few of my favorite moments from channel flipping (BTW, thank the programming gods at ABC didn't sacrifice 90 minutes of "Dancing with the Stars" for this inconsequential, meaningless election)

7.
The Santorum kids crying - OK I'm a bit twisted, but the 8-year-old bugs me.









6. Deval Patrick's endless walk to the victory speech stage - Vintage Spinal Tap lost under the stage with the new benefit of huge video screens in the ballroom documenting the walk






5.
Tony Snow's masterful PR speak that prefaces the end of Rumsfeld's reign of terror by saying it's natural for some officials to step down after an election (hint hint)








4.


As Kerry Healey left the stage the DJ playing Boston's hilarious:
I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
Turned on some music to start my day
I lost myself in a familiar song
I closed my eyes and I slipped away


3. John Kerry looking wistful that his quest for any higher office was done while introducing new Mass. Lieutenant Governor Tim Murray











2. Live report from DNC party in D.C. where the young politico dudes and babes were drinking too much Red Bull and vodka and about to "know" what it means to be the party in charge - that's know in the Biblical sense as they were all hooked up by 3 a.m.









1. Steven Colbert's "Congratulations Terrorists" cake for the Democrats' big night, followed by him walking out of the studio, followed by his realization that the new Democratic House had been in charge for a minute and were ruining the nation and Iraq!

1 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John Hall's limo driver has become a problem now....

http://hate-blog-watch.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home