Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The only Batman Begins Review you will ever need to read

The only Batman Begins review you will ever need to read at Ain't it Cool News. Neill Cumpston is a God among mortals, if your idea of a deity includes crude humor and lots of swearing. Unfortunately this is one of his tamer reviews, but you still get the flavor of his style here.

Looks like the word on the Batman movie is very good, the franchise rescued from camp once again. NY Times and Boston Globe liked it a lot, and my 13-year-old spies tell me Howard Stern gave it a thumbs up too (which is a big deal considering where he had to move the thumb from to put it up).

4 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Adam Zand said...

I am a freak when it come to avoiding reviews before I see a movie. I will only read newspaper headlines and check the number of stars in a printed review. In print ads, I look to see which publications are quoted (and do not trust "greatest movie of all time" quotes if it's from a radio station in Boise). It gets so bad that I will close my eyes and hum during extended previews of movies or TV ads (why do they give everything away in these mini movies?).

Regarding your 13-year old spy who is a wise person to listen/laugh/learn from The Howard Stern Show - Howard and Robin Quivers loved the movie, but Howard was upset that he couldn't get an aisle seat at his own screening. The lovely Beth O. (Howard's girlfriend) walked out early and went shopping, but super heroes are not her genre.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger The Optimist said...

The Ain't It Cool guy is a hero in his own mind. He reminds me of a manager I had when I worked at Wendy's when I was 15. Petty tyrant. I can't believe he is still read.

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Doug Haslam said...

I think you're talking aboutb Harry Knowles-- he may have a hefty (ahem) ego, but people do read his site-- I just wanted fols to sample the prurient genius of semi-frequest AICN Neill Cumpston. Actually, his past reviews of the Matrix Sequels, among other entries, are far more entertaining, if only for his refusla to refer to anything by its proper name.

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Doug Haslam said...

Wow, my typing stinks-- trying to find a way to edit comments

 

Post a Comment

<< Home