Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Top Dance Albums

I have moved my post so we can begin a new subject:
I have decided my top dance albums in the past 10 years. I am only going with top 5. I know you are all going to judge me so whatever here they are:
1. Justin Timberlake- Justified
2. Madonna- The Immaculate Collection
3. Christina Aguiliera- Stripped
4. Destiny's Child- Survivor
5. NSYNC- No Strings Attached
I know I sound like something out of American Idol but it still rocks! Don't knock it till you have listened.
Also if you have never heard Kayne West's Workout Plan do its awesome!

1 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Blogger Adam Zand said...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I immediately think of the best/worst baseball promo evening ever: 1979 Disco Demolition Night at Comiskey Park, Chicago. Young'uns and non-fans check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night
Bill Veeck, my PR Hero - Rest in Peace.

And now my list - please let me extend beyond 10 years:
5. Michael Jackson - Off the Wall: What ever happened to him? I never hear anything about him

4. Chic - C'est Chic: For production values alone this deserves closer placement to the top spot.

3. Tom Tom Club - First album. It's Caribbbean groove meets the clubs of Manhattan in the oh so awesome early 1980s. First 12 minutes are 'Wordy Rappinghood' and 'Genius of Love' - even longer if you rock the remixes. Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz are the coolest ryhthm section ever.

2. Malcolm McLaren - Madame Butterfly: I think of boozy college nights with friends, downstairs at the coolest bar that had no name on Syracuse's M Street

1. Run DMC - First album. You didn't stipulate what kind of dance album. 'Sucker MCs' - the first hip hop track with only electronic beats? Only dance issue was how to get on/off the floor (or cardboard box breakin' mat) with your red velvet untied Adidas.
In closing, a tribute to THE MAN:
J-a-y are the letters of his name
Cutting and scratching are the aspects of his game
So check out the Master as he cuts these jams
And look at us with the mics in our hands
Then take a count, 1-2-3
Jam Master Jay, Run-D.M.C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home