Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Golden Girls- A hit in the 80s and stil a hit today

I have to say, much to Terry's objection, that the Golden Girls has seemed to trascend through the years. If you ever watch an episode of Golden Girls on Lifetime (which is one of my favorite channels--don't judge me) then watch an episode of Sex and the City the similarties are uncanny. From Sophia's sarcastic remarks to Blanche's hormone driven behavior, it is honestly still a funny and true show to watch. Besides the humor, it takes on topics of getting older, dating (even if you are over 50), and friendship. Just wanted to see what everyone else thinks. Let me know. Remeber to don't talk about it, blog about it!

3 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Adam Zand said...

Ashley,
Wow. I'll give the "Golden Girls" another chance, especially to look for connections to one of my favorite all-time shows: "Sex and the City."

Speaking of, here's a great quote that aired introducing the final episode:

Michael Patrick King, executive producer: "People thought, oh it's just about sex or it's just about fashion. And then slowly over the years people start to see it's really about love ... and relationships ... and sex ... and basically the battlefield of trying to be in love – whether it be with another person or with yourself."

Maybe in a future post, we'll share best quotes from the actual show?

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger DougH said...

Quotes from "The Golden Girls" you mean? That struck me as a stock sitcom with an unusually good cast. Didn't watch it faithfully, but I'll rate it over "Friends." (Of course I rate "Holmes & YoYo" over "Friends.")

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Adam Zand said...

Are there famous quotes from GG? (I think "Kiss My Grits" was from soemthing else)

I never watched a full episode of "Friends" (wasn't that a hair style/fashions show with really nice apartments?), but my fav new show is Lisa Kudrow's mockumentary "The Comeback." Her comic timing is brilliant and the premise is just twisted ...

http://www.hbo.com/comeback

 

Post a Comment

<< Home